Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices and let us know if you have any questions.
OrionStar Account and its related services, including account creation, sign-in, and management, are provided by OrionStar and its affiliated companies (hereinafter referred to as "OrionStar", "we", "our", or "us").
Ultimately, what we want is the best for all our users. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact us. Please see "Contact us" below.
1. What information we collect and how we use it
1.1 Personal information that we collect and use with your authorization
The purpose of collecting personal information is to provide you with products and/or services, and to ensure that we comply with applicable laws, regulations and other regulatory requirements. You have the right to choose whether or not to provide the information we have requested, but in most cases, if you do not provide your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our products or services or respond to your queries. Features and services that may need to collect your personal information include:
A. Administrator Account Register
When registering a new OrionStar Account, you will need to provide an administrator’name and email address for registering and logging in the company's backstage account in order to log in and use some of our products or services.Your account and password will be encrypted and stored to our servers. We strongly advise you not to share your password information to prevent theft of your OrionStar Account by others.
B. Completing account information
While using various OrionStar services, you may receive better service quality and user experience by adding basic information to your OrionStar Account , including marketing and canvassing words, advertisement documents
1.2 You are fully informed that we may collect and use personal information without your consent if:
1.2.1 The personal information is vital to national security and defense;
1.2.2 The personal information is vital to public safety, public health, and major public interests;
1.2.3 The personal information is related to criminal investigations, prosecutions, trials, or execution of judgments;
1.2.4 The personal information is essential for protecting major legitimate rights (including life and property) and interests of the personal information subject or other people, but it is hard to obtain the subject's consent;
1.2.5 The personal information collected is made public by the subject at their own discretion;
1.2.6 The personal information is collected from public sources, such as news reports or government announcements;
1.2.7 The personal information is necessary for us to sign the contract as required by you;
1.2.8 The personal information is necessary to maintain the safe and steady operation of products and/or services provided, such as for discovering and handling faults of products and/or services;
1.2.9 The personal information is required for legal news releases; and
1.2.10 The personal information is de-identified in the results of statistical or academic research based on public interest.
1.3 Non-personally identifiable information
We may also collect other types of information which are not directly or indirectly linked to an individual (and which may not be defined as personal information). This information may include statistical data generated when you use a specific service, such as sign-in/sign-out records, interaction records, and error records when you use OrionStar Account services. The purpose of such collection is to improve the services we provide to you. The type and amount of information collected depends on how you use our products and/or services. We aggregate this information. In its aggregated form, data is not personal information and cannot be used to identify you. However, if we combine non-personally identifiable information with personal information, such combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
1. Sharing your personal information with third parties
We generally do not share your personal information with third parties, except for the following circumstances:
1. Sharing with your express consent: we will share your personal information with third parties in accordance with the content to which you consent, including, among other things, the type of personal information you agree to share, the purpose of processing and the recipient;
2. Based on law or sharing of your material interests: where required by applicable law, litigation or dispute resolution, in response to judicial subpoenas or similar requests from other law enforcement authorities or to prevent fraud and protect our own, your, third parties' or the general public's property or other material interests, at our discretion, we may share your personal information with necessary third parties;
3. Retention policy
4. Your rights to your personal information
Depending on applicable laws and regulations, you may have the right to access, rectification, erasure (and certain other rights) in relation to personal information that we hold about you (hereinafter referred to as the request). These rights will be subject to specific exclusions and exceptions under applicable laws.
4.1. Access to Your Personal Information:
You have the right to access to your personal information, subject to the exceptions provided by laws and regulations. If you have registered for certain services, you may search and edit your personal information in the Settings by logging on your registered account. If you are unable to manage such personal information in the above manner, you may contact us through [email@example.com
4.2. Correction of your personal information:
If you find that we process the personal information about you incorrectly, you have the right to correct or update the incorrect or incomplete information. If you are unable to do so through the Account Settings, you may contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
4.3. Deleting your personal information.
You may delete your personal information through the Account Settings or contact us through [email@example.com
] under the following circumstances:
4.3.1. Our processing of your personal information violates mandatory requirements of laws or regulations;
4.3.2. Our collection or processing of your personal information without your consent;
4.3.3. Our collection or processing of your personal information in violation of the agreement with you;
4.3.4. A certain product or service of ours ceases to operate and does not continue to be provided to you;
It will help us to process your request most efficiently if it meets the following conditions:
• The request is submitted through OrionStar's exclusive request channel detailed above and for the protection of your information security, your request should be in writing (unless the local law explicitly recognizes the oral request);
• You provide sufficient information to enable OrionStarto verify your identity and ensure that you are the data subject or legally authorized to act on the data subject's behalf.
Once we obtain sufficient information to confirm that your request can be processed, we shall proceed to respond to your request within any timeframe set out under your applicable data protection laws. In detail:
• Based on the requirements of applicable laws, a copy of your personal data collected and processed by us will be provided to you upon your request free of charge. For any extra requests for relevant information, we may charge a reasonable fee based on actual administrative costs according to the applicable laws.
• If any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, you are entitled to have your personal information corrected or completed based on the purpose of use.
easures. Please note that we may not be able to immediately remove the information from the backup system due to applicable legal restrictions and/or security technology limitations. If this is the case, we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until the backup can be cleared or be made anonymous.• Based on the requirements of applicable laws, you have the right to request the deletion or removal of your personal information where there is no compelling reason for us to keep using it. We shall consider the grounds regarding your erasure request and take reasonable steps, including technical measures. Please note that we may not be able to immediately remove the information from the backup system due to applicable legal restrictions and/or security technology limitations. If this is the case, we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until the backup can be cleared or be made anonymous.
We have the right to refuse to process requests that are not meaningful, manifestly unfounded or excessive, requests that damage others' right to privacy, extremely unrealistic requests, and requests that require disproportionate technical work, as well as requests not required under local law, regarding information that has been made public, and regarding information given under confidential conditions. If we believe that certain aspects of the request to delete or access the information may result in our inability to legally use the information for the aforementioned anti-fraud and security purposes, it may also be rejected.
4.4. Withdrawal of consent
• You may withdraw your consent previously provided to us for a particular purpose by submitting a request, including collecting, using, and/or disclosing your personal information in our possession or control. Withdrawing your consent to OrionStar Account will also cancel your OrionStar Account. You may also contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org
to request cancelation. We will process your request within a reasonable time from when the request is made, and thereafter will not collect, use and/or disclose your personal information as per your request.
• Attention: Your withdrawal of consent may result in some legal consequences. Additionally, you may not be able to continue receiving the full benefit of OrionStar's products and services, depending on how much authority you grant us to process your information when you use OrionStar Account. The withdrawal of your consent or authorization will not affect the validity of our processing carried out upon your authorization up until the point of withdrawal.
4.5. Canceling a service or account
If you wish to cancel your OrionStar Account, you may do so by contacting us though email@example.com
Please note that cancelation of the OrionStar Account will prevent you from using the full range of OrionStar products and services. To protect your or others' legitimate rights and interests, we will judge whether or not to support your request for cancelation based on your use of various OrionStar products and services. For example, if there still exist monies outstanding on your account, we cannot immediately support your request.
5. Contact us
C01, Floor 3-4, Block A, Isawunxin Plaza, A-1, South Sihui Bridge, Chaoyang District, Beijing，China 100025
Beijing Orion Star Technologies Co., Ltd.
Tel: +86-010- 85818515